Monday, March 13, 2017

Leslie's bday

Leslie's gifts: a Buddha Board, leather Arden & James wallet, and a locket from Malena's--all from worKS Kennett Square.




I was trying to copy this cake--there are chocolate and vanilla layers inside, and I used Steph's vanilla frosting recipe. It *just* covers two 8"layers. Next time I'll make a 1.5x recipe just to be safe.

I wish the cake carrier I have was prettier in pictures.  That's the only downside to it--once the cake is on there and iced, it's on this ugly, white plastic thing.

Bought that china the day I found out that I was having a girl.  Also, since I had to make two cakes just to make this one cake, I have my dad's cake ready to go in my freezer for April ...

I didn't realize that everything matched until it was all next to each other ...


Mom bought the cake toppers.

They hadn't seen each other since Christmas.




Jen stopped by--her mom is selling her childhood home and she had to come home from Boston to clean out her old room.  We were dying laughing at some of the stuff she found (especially at her exhaustively extensive Flyer's collection from the late 90-early 2000s).

In their defense, nobody looks good when they're singing.





Rose wore the big fluffy, party skirt that Steph gave her.












Happy Birthday, Leslie (and Sam!)   : )

2 comments:

Cat Lady, Esq. said...

Ok those candle pics are awful of me! Cake looks so pretty. so tastyyyy.

Laurie said...

The cake looks great! And I love the pics of you and your sis :)