Thursday, September 24, 2015

We moved

I have been writing and writing and rewriting this post since the beginning of June ... in my head, that is.  I can't organize it, so much is going on--or went on, anyway--and I still can't believe it happened and that we did it--or that I did it ... Ron can pretty much do anything.  So I think I'll organize the chapters like this:
  1. How we even chose our old house anyway--I never wrote about that because a part of me always assumed I would just live there.
  2. How I procrastinated on moving for two years.
  3. How I decided in less than five seconds that this would be the summer it would happen.
  4. How it happened.
  5. My resulting state of panic and disbelief that it happened.
I have no idea why I took this crummy photo, but it's one of my most treasured things right now.  A week ago this would have reduced me to tears.  Now I'm relieved to feel pretty numb.

I have so much to say, but I don't know where to begin.  I know I want to write it all down.  I want to remember it all and forget it all--complete amnesia--at the same time.  I can't tell if I'll feel more or less tortured by combing through it bit by bit one last time.


I need to just sit down, go through my pictures, and get it all recorded, because my memory is pretty good but stuff fades anyway just like everyone else.

No comments: