Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May cell phone cleanout

Ugh, I don't know: I took a lot of pictures in May, but none of them have really made their way here. What can I say? If I don't want to sit in front of a computer, I don't.  Plus, Ron and I started watching Mad Men from the beginning because we literally couldn't remember a goddamn thing from Season 7 Part 1, and I was so pissed off and annoyed by them breaking the final season in half (why didn't they just show it last year? greedy bastards) that I demanded we just start the damn thing over so I could actually understand what's going on.  (This waste of time has caused me tremendous angst.) Hence ... nothing going on here.

So the best I have is the crap on my cell phone, and you know what that means: twenty pictures of my cats.

You're welcome/I'm sorry.

Penny didn't appreciate how chilly it was the first half of May, so it became her thing to seek shelter underneath whatever she could.  (Really, just X out now. Don't do this to yourself.)

(You're really going to do this?  What other things should you be working on right now that are somehow worse than this?)

ugh, my vacuum was so traumatized by all the fluff. Completely out of control.  (Really: I don't know what you're waiting for.)

Can you imagine wearing a fur coat in this humidity?

So I had the fur coats removed, but Penny responded so badly to the process--even though she's done it several times--that I'm not sure I'll ever do it again.  btw, this is normal: She always jumps on the ledge and scampers along as I chase her to get her down.  Typically, I'm in my pajamas, no makeup, looking generally horrendous as I chase her like a crazy person.  I know my neighbor can see all of this and I don't know how he talks to me with a completely straight face when we bump into each other out front.

See? she's not fat.  It's just the fluff.  (Ok yeah: She's fat.  But don't tell her.)

I HATE it when I'm scheduled to teach summer on the west side of this building.  The view here on the east side is so much better.  Somebody broke the blinds in the middle and now they don't open anymore.

Cutest couple in the family.  If Ron and I ever wore that crown, we definitely don't anymore.  Although these two might have to fight Lee and Nicole for it.

They went to Mexico for Memorial Day.


... and I got the apartment while they were gone.  Sadly, Ron was on call and couldn't come with me and the weather was perfect too.  I have a few pictures from the good camera but haven't worked on them yet.

I went into EVERY store I wanted to, and didn't have any marital guilt from dragging Ron around. He's a good sport, but that fuse only lasts so long. I guess that's fair.

The best moment of the whole weekend: double cappuccino and an almond croissant at Gran Cafe L'Aquila on Saturday morning. I had the whole place to myself and sat in the window.

This ended in a fight.  Also, my fig is outta control.  I have to figure out how to split off the growth to make new plants.

Peonies were BEYOND OUT OF CONTROL.  Completely ridic.  They bloomed two weeks late, and then they all opened at once and there were too many to keep up with.  I cut as many as I could, but nearly a third of them were spent and ruined in the rain yesterday.

I broke my camera. The new one. I bought it October.  I was in the middle of a shoot I had volunteered for and, basically, all of the buttons stopped working.  It was beyond annoying, but I came home thinking, "eh, Ron can fix it."  For the first time ever, Ron spent twenty minutes working on it before submitting his final answer: "Call this number for Nikon customer service."  So I did.  And the guy was like, "So what's wrong?"  And I thought, I can give him the long version or the short version. I had already waited on hold for about 20 minutes so I said, "ummmm .... none of the buttons work." And the guy was like, "Here's our address."  Crap.  Luckily it's under warranty ... but who knows when I'm getting it back.  In the meantime, I have this huge project on Saturday but at least my D50 still works ... why is it that my ten year old camera is working better than my seven month old camera? Whatever. At least it works.

Last week was insane while assisting a favorite professor with running a conference for 250 attendees--it was actually a lot of fun.  It was at the same place Matt and Jess were married--just as pretty as I remembered it.

Honestly, this post is downright embarrassing.

Oh well.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm still laughing at, "What other things should you be working on right now that are somehow worse than this?" HA!

Linda C said...

What's the scoop on your camera?

Jo Harper said...

Let's be real, right Laur?