so bear with me. When I initially started using my phone in 2011 (yup, same phone) I didn't see a need to keep more than 50 photos on it at any given time. I stuck with that for awhile, but then my limit crept up to 100 ... and the other day I was like, "WHY do I have 220 photos on here? this is stupid." One way or another, I transfer them on to my computer, they're eventually backed up (I have no idea what my relationship to the alleged "Cloud" is. Really, I have no clue what I have on there or not. If it's not on an external hard drive, consider it Not Backed Up). Now, I'm down to 168. Really, I should get rid of another 40. I'll do it later.
This is such a random mishmosh of stuff.
|I think this was Thanksgiving?|
|It's true. Trust me.|
|Also Valentine's Day. I have got to do a frickin post on this hat. I wear this hat EVERYWHERE: all around campus, to the supermarket, to ... everywhere. And like literally I get nothing done wherever I go because everyone and their brother has to stop me and start a whole conversation about it. It's insane. I love it. Depending on my mood, I'm either Bridget von Hammersmark when I wear it or the dad from The Sound of Music (Christopher Plummer wears his hat askance in one scene toward the end of the movie, but I'll damned if I can find a single photo of it anywhere). It depends. I need to do a post on this.|
|I know--you saw this in the last post.|
|I loved them. But I would love any carb you add water to and heat in the microwave.|
|I didn't make these, but I could ...|
|I guess you can always count on the copy room for a joke. Ha.|
|"I don't actually care that you've been traveling for two weeks. Just give me treats."--Pearl|
|That's me and Mabel, Annie's parents' cat. Mabel and Pearl are sisters from another mother.|
|Impromptu early bird dinner three Fridays ago at Sovana: cheese tray, pizza, AND dessert. I was in no mood to mess around.|
|I love love love black flowers. Almost time for black tulips!!|
|This is what Ron did while we were at Terrain. (The hose thingy attached to the faucet finally broke. Not bad for 12+ years.) You can't hear it, but he is cursing REALLY LOUDLY and PISSED-OFFEDLY in this photo.|
I know you don't believe me (can't blame you), but I think about the blog all the time and constantly have tons of good ideas for photos and stories, etc. I have no idea how they never make it from inside my brain onto the screen. It's the dumbest thing. I literally cook ideas for this all day--always while I'm doing stuff that actually matters: grading stuff, lesson plans, procrastinating on email ... ugh, while watching TV. TV doesn't matter.
I really need to throw away my TV.
(Crap, don't forget: you need to review St. Augustine in the next 15 hours and you haven't taught him since July. So get on that.)
(See? I should be rereading St. Augustine right now.)
Can I make a quick list of stuff that I have to write about?
- The Hat
- The back bedroom makeover
- The basement (Ron's nearly finished finishing it).
- Jess inspired a post over a year ago: She texted something to me like, "You have such pretty stuff around your house," and I thought, "Why not do some posts about the random stuff around my house?" because anything that's in my house is stuff I want, not stuff that I have for the sake of having. So all of it has a story. Which means any attempt to claim writer's block or lack of ideas is BS.
- I never did the post on houseplants. That's 14 months overdue.
- Raleigh Katherine thinks I should do more posts on clothing/outfits which I DEFINITELY want to do, but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe I just need to do it, expect it to be awkward/boring at first, and just go from there.
- This week is the 15th anniversary of our high school trip to Italy ... that's a goldmine. But none of those photos are digitized.
- It's almost the 6 year anniversary of nearly failing my proposal defense. That's a pretty good story because thinking about it doesn't make me want to kill myself anymore. But it did for a few years. Also, I have no photos for that, so I would have to create some.
- I can't think of anything else right now
Also --> forever.
ALSO, the tarp is off the pool as of Sunday, but who cares? since I can't swim there because I'm such a liability.
* sigh *
I'm going to bed.