Thursday, February 19, 2015

Finished Valentines

It's funny--you can get two different looking roses depending on whether you turn the crochet shells the "right way" or the "wrong way."  The roses on top are turned the wrong way (the back of the piece faces out) and the roses on the bottom are turned the right way (the front of the piece facing out). One looks like a fresh bud and the other looks more open, like an older, shabbier flower.  I can't decide which I like better.  Also, the darker color yarn is bizarre--the color never photographs the same way twice.  Here it looks PURPLE, but in real life it looks more maroon.

I clipped the flowers onto treat bags--sorry Ama and Erin. I grabbed yours at the last second when I was running out the door the other week and I hadn't even bought the candy yet.  So I owe you a treat bag.  Ron later asked me, "uhhhh, did you make all the felt hearts on the tags too?" NO--those are fancy stickers that I bought at Jo-Ann two years ago.  I did not cut out and glue 50+ tiny hearts (but I did punch out all the polka dot tags and glue them onto the clothespins).

Thank you, Momma! She's lovely.  (For the record, my mom bought this before the last post about the roses--ha!)  You can't see it here, but she has the prettiest pearlescent sheen.

The polar votex has been here all week and apparently it's sticking around for all of next week too. I don't know about you, but I sorta want to die.  But at least we have power, so that's good.

No comments: