Friday, October 24, 2014

Early Autumn

Ornamental Pepper--"black pearl" ... the ultimate Halloween plant, I think.  I took seven bad pictures of these.  The sun was so bright and my camera was literally like, "AHHH WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO FOCUS ON??"  And I'm like the "BLACK PEARLS!!"  And the camera was like, "OK THE LEAVES!! GOT IT!!"








Gingkos, aka "maidenhair tree"

All boys, no girls (ie, no vomit berries)



Remember this? All ripped out


I have NO IDEA what this is--does ANYBODY know what this is???




Love the artwork on these seed packets.



3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

It's funny how two people can visit Longwood and see totally different things :) I was there on Saturday and they were planting all the tulip bulbs; it was incredible.

Jo Harper said...

I've seen that before! I have pictures of it from three or four years ago.