Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birthday: After the Fact

So lucky: My birthday fell on a Friday this year, and for the first time since 2007 I don't teach on Fridays.

We repeated last year and went back to Galer.  Ron put together a basket of snacky stuff and we bought a bottle of rose' and grabbed a table on the porch.



I wanted to pretend I was in California so, duh, I wore the hat.
545pm

545pm

611pm

641pm

642pm


The blur is fitting.

We met my parents across the street at Longwood for dinner at 1906.

This is the chocolate flower pot dessert--all of it is edible.  I can testify that this is indeed true.

It's a shame Longwood isn't open at night more often during non-Christmas season--they were open pretty late most Fridays this summer.

Grainy cellphone shots.




Using whatever impromptu tripod I can.


Looking into the Mediterranean Room

Leslie threw me a party the following night at her apartment--we had perfect weather to be out on the deck and she kept the dessert and champagne cocktails flowing.  This is the ONLY photo from the whole night--thank you, Molly! 

And then on the third day of birthday weekend, we had dinner at my in-laws: Mexican food and margaritas ... and this backyard and this sunset.

No comments: