Sunday, April 6, 2014

100 happy days #7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Sorry there's been nothing around here lately!  The truth is I'm anywhere but near a computer (unless it's to create exams and answer the endless emails, etc., same as everyone else).  By the time I'm done with all of that, I can't bring myself to do any of this stuff.  Once the semester ends, I'll explain it all--lots going on, so many things different than just two months ago.  Plus my third (!!) blogiversary is this Friday, which would be a really appropriate time to tell you why I've been too busy to be a serious blogger lately.  But for some reason, I don't think you should hold your breath. My week is booked. Solid.  But please just hang around--I keep telling everyone who will listen that May will be different.

Also, sorry for how crap the photography has been around here lately.  The only person who's probably grossed out by this is me.

Thought I lost my sister's apartment keys, but found them two days later in a coat pocket.  Convenient.  Also, annoying.

Open window season has begun--two songs that you need to download immediately if you don't have them already: Jakob Dylan's "Something Good This Way Comes" ("Got my window open wide/Got my window open wide/Got a/Good woman by my side/Got a/Good woman by my side ..."). If you have a good memory, you'll recognize it from the beginning of one of the final episodes of Friday Night Lights, c. June 2010.  The other song: "Windows Are Rolled Down," by Amos Lee ("Windows are rolled down/sun is rising high/Windows are rolled down/Feel that wind rushing by ...")

The library at school, where I spend a majority of my time sitting at a desk in front of these giant windows grading endless stacks of papers.  I mean ENDLESS.

Succulents on the back counter at Philter in Kennett Square--their mushroom soup is a revelation.

Here's part 1 ... the wine glass that mysteriously broke itself after I went to bed Friday night ...

Part 2: Could it be ...? no ...

Hard to believe the ice-storm-power-outage-from-hell was a mere 8 weeks ago ...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm intrigued! I can't wait to hear what's been going on and catch up more next week :)