Thursday, March 20, 2014

Longwood, last week of winter

My schedule has been kicking my butt lately, hence the lack of activity here on the blog.  Of course everything should change once finals are over, but until then I just run around like a crazy person trying to fulfill the overwhelming amount of obligations that keep stacking up on my calendar.  Luckily, most of them are good obligations but all of them are time-consuming.  Some days I enjoy all the busy-ness and other days I just want to rip my hair out because ten things appear in the place of every one thing I cross off my list.  I realize there is nothing special about these problems, but that's why I've been posting barely once a week.

I'm trying to put together a post (or a series of posts) about houseplants since I have a lot of them and many of my friends have been asking how I keep them alive rather than kill them. That's in the works and in past semesters it would've been done with ease, but I seriously have no idea how long that's going to take.

So anyway, I can offer this:


This was actually blue, but my camera consistently picks up this color as purple.  So annoying.

Black bamboo











Nectarine espalier


Variegated nasturtium



I think this was a kumquat tree.

The biggest birds nest fern I've ever seen.



DuPont House





Belin

When the witch hazels bloom ...

... winter should be over ... who knows at this point.

No comments: