Friday, March 28, 2014

Julie's baby shower

I have two expectant friends right now: Julie's expecting her first baby in April (Steph follows six weeks later with Baby O).  Julie and Matt announced in early January that they would be having a girl, so I got to work on (what else?) a new blanket.

Even though Julie had told me the nursery was pink, I went with white yarn and used the same pattern that I used for Laurie, Mandy, and Dina (Steph and Lauren, I thought you have this one ... you don't--you have a granny square); however, I did a shell border rather than the reverse single crochet.

I know I should be impartial ... this is my most favorite one ever.  EVER.  I want to triple it in size and make one for myself.

Half way through I realized the V-pattern was perfect: the baby's monogram will be (first-middle-last) VLV for Vienna Lyn ... what better than a whole blanket of Vs? Totally unintentional.

The flower tags are by the Rifle Paper Company.
Please tell me you know Strega Nona?

I love the pictures.


The cup and plate were at Target for Valentine's Day ... of course if I see a kitty item for a baby, I buy it.
The jute bag is from TJMaxx.

Julie's mom hosted the shower--love that restored 1920s chandelier ...


At a glance, she doesn't even look like she's due next month.

Congrats, Julie ... only three weeks (2.5 weeks?) left ...

No comments: