Saturday, March 1, 2014

Is there anyone out there?


Dear Jesus,

I talk to your mom all the time, but I thought I would check in with you for a change.  It's just me with more of my first world problems. Just wanted to drop you a line to BEG you with my whole heart and soul to PLEASE let this Monday's blizzard be the last one for maybe the next eleven months.  Honestly, if it didn't snow here for eleven years no one would care (except for the ski resort people in the Poconos, but I really don't consider them as part of my "here").  PLEASE???  I know I've complained about this a lot lately and it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of the universe, but people in the mid-Atlantic region are really starting to get agitated and depressed by how awful this whole winter is.  I mean, if we WANTED to live in Michigan or Minnesota we would would MOVE there.  But, we don't (I should speak for myself: I don't) want to live in those places because they are so awful from October-April. Come on: life is too short.  Any additional suffering you can spare us with icy sidewalks, dead car batteries, excessively dry skin, purple fingers and toes that haven't have proper circulation since Thanksgiving, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Please?

Why don't you think about it and get back to me later?

Just think about it. You don't have to do anything about it right now.

I'm certain your mom would agree with me.  Definitely. Go ask her--she'll tell you.

Take it easy,
Me

No comments: