Wednesday, March 26, 2014

100 happy days challenge: #1

If you read A Beautiful Mess, then you already know about the 100 Happy Days Challenge.  (You can read about it here.)  Back in the day (ie, college) I kept a "gratitude journal" because Oprah said that I should, and while it only lasted two years I reaped the true benefits of being diligent all those months: If you're really serious about it for a long time, then you naturally go through your day looking for things to write down at the end of the day.  It changes your whole perspective on everything.  Additionally, I would find myself writing down 12, 15, even 20 things that made me grateful that day--it was just so easy.  (I wish the same result had happened after I gave up sugar--in all forms--for Lent 2004.  I was REALLY good at it, but then I binged on Easter Sunday and the spell was broken and I never looked back. Oh well.)  Anyway, happily I can say that I still look for good stuff all day even though I no longer write them down ... although that being said, I have three journals: this one, this one, and this one (oh yeah ... and THIS ONE). Many times, I guess the stuff I look for gets written down anyway.

So in this new challenge, the point is to take a picture of one thing a day that makes you happy--very plain and simple.

Here's Day 1:

Accidentally drew a nearly perfect circle on the board tonight while covering Aristotle.  Students insisted on a photo ... why not?

No comments: