Monday, October 7, 2013

Sunday with Leslie

Eileen and Mae are getting a poncho for Mae's first birthday--my mom made this one.

I had to forge my mom's initials on the "Handmade By" tag--I used to have this nailed down (what else was I going to do to fill the time during 3rd grade CCD class?), but it's been a long time and I sorta botched it.




I can't believe this is Leslie's first view of the city when she walks to work in the morning--so different from what I'm used to.  For a long time I thought this would be my view, but I don't think that's happening in this lifetime.
We went insane: breakfast burrito, breakfast quesadilla, vegetarian chili was somewhere in there, Ron had two eggs and toast, and we all split a giant waffle.


Very contemporary, but I like how some of the cubbies are lined with mirrors.

Believe it or not, I think this is an apartment building?


Cristin--your spouse will be pleased to know that there is a home brew store around the corner from Leslie.  It even has a cat.



We went crazy at Home Depot Saturday night buying succulents.  I potted mine up, but I haven't taken pictures yet.

Leslie, I think I would move the globe to the TV table opposite the bird lamp and put booze on the bottom shelf instead.

The one thing I don't have pictures of? Walking all the way to Whole Foods in July-like heat (0.8 miles according to Leslie), crossing through the remnants of the Pulaski Day Parade on the Parkway, shopping in the actual Whole Foods, and then walking all the way back from Whole Foods (0.8 miles ... in July-like heat).  It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been so freakin hot and if the supermarket was built to handle, like, 3,000 people all shopping at the same time.  It's not for the faint of heart, especially when it comes to the price tags.  Nothing is less than $3.99.  How can Philly be one of the fattest cities in the world?  It's too expensive for a person to get fat.  Leslie's Whole Foods, however, does sell French macarons (made in-house; I bought three) so that was worth it.

(Oooooh wait ... ok, I get it ... glad I figured that one out.)

1 comment:

LJC said...

Hahaha

Good idea re: green cabinet. I think that will be happening this week.