Saturday, February 9, 2013

Green (instead of grey)

I'm getting a little impatient with winter--slowly reaching my breaking point.  While I am ETERNALLY grateful not to live in Boston this weekend and repeat the winters of 2010 and 2011, I also can't help but feel so damn sick and tired of the cold.  I shouldn't complain ... because I don't live in Boston this weekend (and I'm not moving my daughter into her new apartment in RHODE ISLAND this weekend like one of Ron's colleagues ... can you imagine? The timing is so bad I could weep just thinking about it).

I took the fern pictures the first week of March last year and the fig picture in June or July.  I'm tired of looking at dormant stuff, so here is some stuff that looked alive at one point.

How ironic ... a Boston fern!



Laurie, are you thinking what I'm thinking? "Wow, your new lens would've made those last two so much better"?  Oh well.

Looking at these, I also find myself thinking, "Huh. I don't have any of these plants anymore ... because they all died last year."  Oh well.  At least I still have both of my figs! They're sleeping in the basement right now, and one of them unexpectedly sprouted new leaves last week.  So I have that going for me.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Actually, I really like them the way they are :)

Jo Harper said...

HA! ok, well thank you in that case ; )