Saturday, December 29, 2012

The fastest and slowest week of the year

Thank you, Katherine!

Cut-outs are best when they are crunchy with a melted coat of sugar crystals on top. Mandy: your mint chocolate chip cookies are amazing.  Those Andes-mint-chocolate-brownie-things are pretty incredible too.

Dear coffee, I never thanked you last week for working so beautifully with two Advil every morning for three days to get rid of an awful sore throat and fever.  How do you get rid of pounding headaches so damn fast?  Don't tell me: the magic is better when you keep it a secret.



Nothing better than a new cardi for Christmas.  This one has a gorgeous multi-colored silky lining inside.

Also nothing better than getting a skirt that one has been eyeing for two months on super-duper clearance with a gift card on top, aka "free skirt."  Am I the only one getting hives from that little grey thread at the bottom? It's driving me nuts.

Penny didn't feel well yesterday, but I think she's ok now.  Joan, I really need to get started on that book you sent me ...

And just look at this magnificent fluff collar!  Better than any lion's mane.

Did I do your fluff collar justice, Pearl? I sure tried.


6 comments:

Laurie said...

Beautiful photos! Nice and sharp. Same lens? I have a red L cup :)

Jo Harper said...

Nope--new lens. My mom gave it to me for Christmas ; ) I knew you would notice!

Laurie said...

Thought so :). 50 mm?

Jo Harper said...

Yup! You're good ; )

Mandy said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for the cookie shout out! I am still waiting for your bakery to open! :)

Jo Harper said...

HA! I forgot about the bakery. Thanks for keeping the dream alive!