Monday, December 31, 2012

Snow day

Leslie recommended that we spend last week's snow day at Longwood.  Easy enough, but even the easy stuff poses hard questions such as, "Which hat to wear?"  While Leslie went with the tried and true ("WWMCD?" ie, What Would Michael Corleone Do?), I went for the Animated Guy from the Shop Rite Can-Can Sale Commercial Look:


Leslie later noted that the beret would have worked better if I had "worn it like the Moonrise Kingdom girl."  Anyway, I followed the beret with the Seven Year Old Who Doesn't Know Any Better Look:


And I stuck with it.

The drive there:









I had to be a stalker and take a picture of two of my favorite houses:



As we predicted, it wasn't overly crowded when we arrived.  The snow was the perfect accessory to every (already decorated) tree in the gardens:


This tree is decorated with edible ornaments for birds, squirrels, etc.




Ron, I know you really want to build yourself one of these, but the HOA will NOT approve and we can't afford the attorney fees right now.

The horizon disappears when the sky is the same color as the snow.

Not sure if Michael Corleone would have worn the leopard glittens, but I bet Kay would have.






You can see a really great picture of this here.

You can always find this guy sleeping somewhere in the DuPont House.


I love this kumquat tree in the fruit house.  Every picture I took of it was crappy.
Such a great snow day because A) three feet of snow didn't crash down on top of three more feet of snow like two years ago; B) no syllabi revisions required; C) it's Christmas week; D) I'm not traveling anywhere by plane, so what do I care?; E) it was really pretty.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

thanks for the link... and the compliment! :)