Wednesday, December 26, 2012

All done for another year



Well, I wish the chandelier needed cleaning only once a year, but that happens twice.  It's enough work that it justifies a picture at the end.

Anyway.

Mom, Leslie, and I made felt ornaments the week before Christmas. I made a Penny, a Pearl, and a Ron:


I used beads and sequins for the fluff collars and Ron has fancy antlers.  (His nickname in high school was Moose, so it works.)


Christmas Eve came and went in a blur.



And we actually had some semblance of a white Christmas.  We ended up with a pretty thick coating, but it was pretty much gone by lunch time the next day.


I tried to remember to use my Fuji Instax like I did last year--a lot can change in a year ...

Literally, my first thought Christmas morning was, "I forgot to tell Jeff how much I liked his outfit."  I can't tell if my morning thoughts are clearer if I do drink or if I don't. It's bad both ways.


The house was empty by 11pm, and I still hadn't taken any pictures (the whole month) of our tree or any of the decorations.  I had to take a few before I went up to bed.





We went to my mom's the next morning:




Of course, there were presents to be had:

I was really proud of the faux bois paper I found at TJMaxx ($3 yay!)

My gift from Leslie
We finished the day with a wonderful dinner at my in-laws'.  It wasn't a late night because poor Ron had to work on the 26th--luckily his busy season is over now, so it should be an easy week anyway.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that everyone gets to enjoy some time-off this week ...

2 comments:

LJC said...

Hey! How come I don't get photo credit for capturing little Lil. I'm sure you'd rather distance yourself from slightly blurry imperfect pictures anyway...

Jo Harper said...

Ok: LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! THE SUPER-CUTE INSTAGRAMS OF LILLIAN AND STEPH ARE COURTESY OF MY SISTER, LESLIE!!

I hope she doesn't sue me for copyright infringement. (She could if she wanted to, y'know.)