Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sarah and Jeff get married

Ok, it's official: Sarah wins.  She is--hands down/no question--the happiest bride I have ever seen.  It almost made me sad because I have been to A LOT of weddings, and I found myself thinking, "Whoa! So this is what a blissed out bride looks like??!"  My ignorance really took me by surprise.

This is St. Michael's Church in Long Branch, New Jersey.  It's like walking inside the kind of gorgeous Easter egg that gets featured in Martha Stewart Living or something.  Jeff's parents were married here, Jeff did all of his sacraments here, and he sat through many a mass as an altar server here.




I would pay a couple hundred bucks to get this crystal clear.

I later heard Jeff say to Sarah, "It was crazy: Every person in the church was looking at you.  Everyone's backs were turned to me.  Not a single person looked at me--it was all eyes on you."


Their friends Diana and Miguel did the pictures for them--more about them later.


The weather could not have possibly been more perfect. It was PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.


You can't tell from the pictures, but the church and the reception took place one block from the beach.


They danced to Etta's "At Last."


Their friend offered to sing their song just for them.


Sarah wore her grandmother's sapphire wedding ring as her something borrowed and blue.


Ron said to me, "I know I've only gotten to be acquainted with Sarah over the years, but have you ever seen her--I mean, have you seen anybody--so freakin happy before?  I mean, I was like, WOW, I am really not used to seeing anybody with that look on their face."  I thought it was just me.

Sarah and her dad talked the whole time they danced.  No one could hear what they were saying--it was just for them.







I'm still getting to know Jeff, but one thing I know for sure is that he is really, really funny.  Take, for example, the "cake feeding" (as the DJ called it):


Sarah is a perfect lady:


But look at this trick that Jeff pulled--it only worked because Sarah closed her eyes!


Such a good sport!


So about their wedding photographers: Diana and Miguel did the wedding photography as a gift for the bride and groom.  But get this: they don't do weddings on a regular basis.  While they do photography for a living, most of their work takes place at ... how do you say? ... crazy insano important events.  For example, Miguel had just arrived from the US Open (you know, that tennis tournament thingy?) and Diana from NY Fashion Week (that Project Runway type sorta thing) to photograph their wedding.  Their work routinely appears in national magazines and publications.  Poor Diana, I swooned all over her.  She was awesome.  (And, yes, she's an early 80s baby, named for the Princess herself!)

Sarah and Diana

With Ama and Katie

And ladies, for those of you who are terrified that everything gets WORSE with age, let me show you something.  Here we are at SIXTEEN:

That's me on the left next to Sarah, Ama, and Megan.  Thank you, Jesus: My mother convinced me to grow my hair out in college.
And here we are at almost-30 (except for Katie who is a slightly younger):

Ama, Katie, Sarah, me, Megan
And people say that aging sucks. PUH-LEEEEEZ!!  What is everyone talking about? I'll take 29 over 16 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Sarah and Jeff: Best wishes for a blissfully happy marriage!  Enjoy your new home together in Jersey, and please don't be strangers.  Wishing you the best of everything, xoxo, Me

1 comment:

Linda C said...

Such a beautiful wedding! I love the bridesmaids' necklaces and earrings. Word of advice, Jo, always listen to your mother sooner rather than later :)