Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fresh cuts




The first six stems were in full bloom yesterday, so I snipped them right off the bush and brought them inside.



I can't believe it's mid-May already.  If I had to pick a favorite month, it would be a toss-up between May and October. It's hard to beat May: warm enough for lighter clothing, but not so sweltering that make up drips off your face ten minutes after you put it on; everything is really, really full and green with no hint of yellowy-August burn out; birds sing all day without interruption from the obnoxious cicadas.  It's a good month. I wish it would slow down a little.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Beautiful!!!!

Linda C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I can't get over how beautiful these are! The ones you gave me are gooorrgeous!! Even Matt comments on them, and if a boy comments on it, you know they must be pretty!