Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stasera era bella ...

Dinner at Ron's parents' house ... their backyard is so pretty that they could serve me cardboard with maple syrup and I probably wouldn't even notice.


There's nothing on the planet like Napa, but Chester Country isn't too far off, is it?


A lot of effort was put into the pork tenderloin and grilled veggies, but honestly my favorite part was the grilled bread that we topped with marinated tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.



Their backyard ends where a horse farm begins, and typically the only creatures we see around are deer.  The neighboring farm stopped turning out horses to those pastures in the background years ago.  I didn't see any horses tonight, but I could hear far-off whinnying when I was sitting outback by myself.  I miss that sound.

Veramente, una bella sera.

No comments: